Tuesday 14 December 2010

Travels

Interesting!

On my travels I came across what I was told to be the “smallest church in Ireland”, the Moravian Church. I hadn’t heard of this type of reformed Christian faith before although I did find it interesting to read about.

What interested me even more were the actual size and the shape of the building. The door was located on the corner of the building with what appeared to be a chimney with a bell.



It was a pitty the church wasn't open that day, it would have been nice to see the interior.


I don't know what this means.


The seal of the
Moravian Church

The Moravian Church was founded in 1457 in Bohemia - the name Moravian derives from the refugees from Moravia who settled on lands of Count Zinzendorf in the 18th century, thus founding the renewed church.

More information can be found at http://www.moravian.org.uk  



The architecture of this house in Co Antrim was inspired by the Giants Causeway. Some very interesting shapes and layout of windows.




It blends in well with the landscape, but it puts me in mind of Mondrain's work minus the colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment